The Best Brisket Rub
- 1 cup paprika (do not used smoked paprika)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup granulated onion
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon medium ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and apply evenly all over brisket. What sticks on the meat is all you need. Cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store in an air tight plastic container or glass jar in the cupboard for 3-6 months. Double recipe if planning to smoke more than 2 briskets.
- Discard any remaining rub that has been in contact with raw meat.
Get a Dredge!
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.