The Best Brisket Rub
A traditional Texas style rub used on brisket. Texans are known for their melt in your mouth low and slow briskets, and this rub will help you to achieve that too. This simple recipe makes enough for 2 good sized briskets.
- 1 cup paprika (do not used smoked paprika)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup granulated onion
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon medium ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and apply evenly all over brisket. What sticks on the meat is all you need. Cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store in an air tight plastic container or glass jar in the cupboard for 3-6 months. Double recipe if planning to smoke more than 2 briskets.
- Discard any remaining rub that has been in contact with raw meat.
IMAGE BY: Sabrina Baksh
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.