The Best Pellet Grill Burger
- Pellet Grill
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- Black pepper
- Sauteed or grilled onions
- Blue cheese or cheese of choice
- Barbecue sauce see notes
- 8 hamburger buns
- Set pellet grill temperature for 200 degrees F.
- Form ground beef into 6 equal-sized patties, about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place burgers into the pre-heated pellet grill. Close lid and cook patties for 1 hour. Look for an internal temperature around 155 degrees F.
- Saute of grill onions, cover and keep warm until it's time to assemble.
- Once the patties are nearly done, remove them from the pellet grill and place them onto a plate and cover. Crank up the heat on your pellet grill to its maximum temperature.
- When it comes up to temp, place patties back onto grill and sear. About 1 to 2 minutes per side. Doing this on a cast iron griddle or in a heavy pan will help with the searing.
- Remove from grill and assemble your burgers by topping with onions and blue cheese.
- Note: You can use barbecue sauce as a topping. Or mix 1 cup barbecue sauce with 1/3 of cup of mayonnaise for a creamier hamburger topping.
- Pellet suggestions: Hickory or Apple
- Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Need a Pellet Grill?
If you want to make the best pellet grill burger, you are going to need a pellet grill. Chances are if you are looking at this recipe, you already have one, but in case you don't, you might want to check out my list of the best pellet grills on the market. I have broken them down by price, so you can find something that fits your wallet. There are more than a hundred models out there these days, so I thought you might appreciate a little help in your search.
Check out my lists of the Best Pellet Grills