The Ultimate Brisket Burger
Most brisket burgers are made with ground brisket, but this meat lovers delight tops a flavorful garlic burger patty with slices of barbecued brisket. Yes it's a messy sandwich, but you know that only means it's going to be good.
- 2 pounds ground beef (chuck)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound barbecued brisket, sliced or chopped
- 2-3 cups prepared coleslaw
- 4-5 deli buns
- for sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl combine meat with minced garlic. Form into 4-5 equal sized oblong patties (about the same length as the deli buns). Season each patty with salt and black pepper and place onto the grill.
- Grill meat for 6-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature (in the thickest part of patty) reaches 165 degrees F/75 degrees C. Remove from heat, place onto a cutting board or baking tray and lightly tent with aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise with barbecue sauce and cider vinegar. You can transfer to a condiment bottle for easy use if you wish.
- Place cooked burger patties onto deli buns, top with warmed sliced brisket, drizzle with sauce, and finish off with a nice helping of coleslaw.