The Ultimate Brisket Burger is a great solution for using up leftover smoked brisket. These hoagie-style burgers are enormous and make a great sandwich for meat lovers. Try our recipe for this stick to your ribs, ultimate brisket burger experience!
Most brisket burgers are made with raw ground brisket, but this meat lover’s delight includes an XL garlic burger patty topped with slices of barbecued brisket nestled onto a hoagie roll. It’s a messy sandwich, but you know that only means it’s going to be good!
The Ultimate Brisket Burger-Ingredients:
- Ground Beed, 2 pounds, preferably ground chuck
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped smoked brisket, about 1 pound
- Prepared coleslaw, or our popular Slaw for Sandwiches
- 6″ deli buns or hoagie rolls
- Barbecue sauce, homemade or bottled
- Cider vinegar
Making The Ultimate Brisket Burger:
- Preheat grill for 375 degrees F or medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef with minced garlic. Form into 4-5 equal-sized oblong patties (about the same length as the deli buns)—season with salt and pepper
- Grill burger patties for 6-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature (in the thickest part of patty reaches 160-165 degrees F.
- Remove grilled patties from heat and place them onto a cutting board and lightly tent with aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise with barbecue sauce and cider vinegar—transfer sauce to a condiment bottle for easier application.
- Place garlic burger patties onto the deli buns, top with warmed sliced brisket, drizzle with sauce, finish off with a nice helping of coleslaw, and dig in!
Storing Leftovers and Tips:
- Store patties in an airtight container in your fridge for three days.
- Coleslaw will be good in the refrigerator for up to two days. Discard after this time, as it will become mushy the longer it sits. To avoid this, make up the slaw dressing, store it in the fridge, and only dress the shredded cabbage as needed.
The Ultimate Brisket Burger
- 2 pounds ground beef (chuck)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound barbecued brisket, sliced or chopped
- 2-3 cups prepared coleslaw
- 4-5 deli buns
- for sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl combine ground meat with minced garlic. Form into 4-5 equal sized oblong patties (about the same length as the deli buns). Season patties with salt and black pepper and place on the grill.
- Grill meat for 6-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature (in the thickest part of patty reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from heat, place onto a cutting board or baking tray and lightly tent with aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise with barbecue sauce and cider vinegar. You can transfer to a condiment bottle for easier use.
- Place cooked burger patties onto deli buns, top with warmed sliced brisket, drizzle with sauce, finish off with a nice helping of coleslaw, and dig in!