The Ultimate Holiday Roast Rub
This is the perfect butter rub to apply on anything from a holiday prime rib, pork roast. turkey, or other types of poultry before cooking. Not only will the flavor wow you, but the butter helps to create a nice golden crust. While this recipe has “holiday” in the title, you can use this rub any time of the year. Feel free to double the recipe based on your cooking needs.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened (not melted)
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine mixture and apply to roast at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Exclude the salt from the recipe if you are wet brining the meat.
- The mixture can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week after preparation. Make sure that it is brought to room temperature (butter should be softened) before using.
Photo by: Image by T Caesar from Pixabay