The Ultimate Magic Dust Rub
- 1/3 cup paprika (not smoked)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne (use less if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- Combine rub ingredients in a medium bowl making sure to work out any clumps from the brown sugar and mustard powder. Use immediately.
- Store any unused rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation. Make sure to check on it every once in a while as brown sugar tends to dry out. Give it a good stir and reseal.
- Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact raw meat.
- Double or triple the recipe and save for future uses!
Looking for more ideas? See my list of the best BBQ Pork Rib Rubs.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.