The Ultimate Magic Dust Rub
This is one of my favorite seasoning rubs for ribs and pork roasts. It has so many earthy flavors, but is tempered by a little sweet from the sugar. This is enough rub for a large cookout. So if you have several racks or ribs or a couple pork butts to throw on the smoker, then try this one out.
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1/3 cup paprika (not smoked)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne (use less if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl making sure to work out any clumps from the sugar and mustard powder. Use immediately.
- Store any unused rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation. Make sure to check on it every once in a while as brown sugar tends to dry out. Give it a good stir and reseal.
- Remember to discard any remaining rub that has come into contact raw meat.