Tomato-Jalapeno Beef Ribs
These fantastic beef ribs are grilled low and slow over indirect heat and basted with a sweet and spicy tomato-jalapeno barbecue saucePrint Pin
- 4-5 pound beef ribs cut into two to three bone sections
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Tomato-Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce
- Prepare sauce, according to instructions. Cover pot and set aside until ready to use. If made ahead of time, make sure to reheat it before using on the ribs.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Let ribs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling. Coat ribs with salt and pepper and sear over direct medium heat for 10 minutes. Move ribs to cooler part of the grill and cook over indirect heat (about 225 degrees F) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Turn a few times during the cooking process.
- During the last half of cook time, begin basting with warmed sauce. Do this every 15 minutes until the last 10 minutes. Watch for burning. If this happens, place a large piece of aluminum foil under the ribs and continue.
Image by: Sabrina Baksh
Calories: 2296kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 253g | Fat: 135g | Saturated Fat: 57g | Cholesterol: 781mg | Sodium: 5512mg | Potassium: 4756mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 29mg