Not only does this injection marinade add flavor and moisture to cuts of pork, but the acidic quality of the pineapple juice and cider vinegar act as tenderizers. Use this injection solution on dryer or tougher cuts of pork to maximize not only the flavor but the tenderness of the meat.
Tropical Pork Injection
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pineapple jelly see instructions
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rub mixture
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dark rum optional
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a small saucepan bring all ingredients (except rum) to a high simmer for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low, add rum and let mixture simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and carefully strain (if using a jelly with pineapple chunks in it) into another container. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes before using. Discard remaining mixture after use.
- Store unused mixture in the refrigerator in a covered container for 3-4 days after use. Bring to room temp for injecting into pork roast.