This delicately flavored truffle and herb butter can be served on filet mignon, prime rib, chicken, vegetables, or on top of brunch eggs. The decision is entirely up to you. Not only is it incredibly flavorful, but is such an easy compound butter to make that requires few ingredients,Photo by: MissesJones/DepositphotosPrint Pin
Servings: 2 Cup
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted room temperature
- 2 teaspoons oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine butter with chopped basil, oregano, rosemary. garlic, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Taste for salt content and add more truffle salt if needed.
- Scoop butter onto a large piece of plastic wrap and using the plastic form butter mixture into an evenly shaped log. Twist ends and fold under. Place into refrigerator for 2-3 hours until butter has hardened.
- To use: unwrap plastic and cut off desired amount of butter. Place onto cooked steaks, prime ribs chops, chicken and vegetables. You can also use this compound butter to saute your food of choice.
- Butter will keep in refrigerator for 10 days to 2 weeks.
Things to think about with this recipe: Herbs: Not all of us like the same herbs, so if you are struggling with the thought of adding rosemary or basil to this truffle butter, don't worry we have have a solution! -Basil: substitute with oregano. Instead of using 2 teaspoons of oregano already called for in the recipe, use three teaspoons (or 1 tablespoon) of oregano. -Rosemary: Use fresh thyme instead. -Oregano: substitute with fresh thyme or basil. Vegan options: I recommend using a vegan butter instead of cows milk butter, or even a good quality coconut oil for this recipe. I have not tried the coconut oil, but vegan butter will often stand up to recipe conversions like this. If you try this recipe with coconut oil, please drop a note and let us know how it went.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1mg