This delicately flavored truffle and herb butter can be served on filet mignon, prime rib, chicken, vegetables, or on top of brunch eggs. The decision is entirely up to you.
Servings: 2 Cup
- 1/2 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons truffle salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Combine butter with chopped basil, oregano, garlic, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Taste for salt content and add more truffle salt if needed.
- Scoop butter onto a large piece of plastic wrap and using the plastic form butter mixture into an evenly shaped log. Twist ends and fold under. Place into refrigerator for 2-3 hours until butter has hardened.
- To use: unwrap plastic and cut off desired amount of butter. Place onto cooked steaks, prime ribs chops, chicken and vegetables. You can also use this compound butter to saute your food of choice.
- Butter will keep in refrigerator for 10 days to 2 weeks.
Image by RitaE/Pixabay