- Three 13,000 BTU top ported stainless steel burners
- 513 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 669 square inches
- 39,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Weber iGrill compatible
- Electronic Ignition (one AA-battery)
- Cast aluminum and porcelain coated steel construction
- Also available in Copper color
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Sold as Propane or Natural Gas - not convertible
- Made in China by Weber-Stephen Products Company
Full Review - Weber Genesis II E-315 Gas Grill
The Weber Genesis II E-315 Gas Grill is the least expensive and most basic of the Genesis line. Genesis is, of course, Weber's main line of gas grills and among the best selling in the outdoor cooking industry. What you get with this grill are three burners and little else. It should also be pointed out that this isn't the hottest grill on the market. It will put a pretty good sear on a steak, but preheat times are longer than much of the competition and the highest temperature this grill can hit isn't very impressive.
So why buy a Weber Genesis? The truth is, you buy it for the reliability, build quality, and company support. This grill has a "bumper to bumper" ten year warranty, which is among the best in the industry. That warranty includes a gas grill's weakest feature, the ignitors. The whole cooking system of this grill is excellently designed and you can count on it to last. Of course, at around $800USD for a basic grill, you would hope so.
While there are a number of great accessories for this model, they can be expensive. This model is compatible with Weber's iGrill temperature monitoring technology as well. You buy this grill because you want something that grills well and will last for many years. Aside from that, there are hotter models or grills with more features, but they sacrifice quality for extras.