- 363 square inches of cooking space
- Includes Weber's Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate
- Removable digital cook timer
- Porcelain powder coated steel lid and fire bowl
- Aluminum vents and ash catcher
- Gas powered charcoal igintion system
- Plastic, powder coated steel, and stainless steel cart construction
- Large plastic charcoal bin
- Two aluminum charcoal baskets for indirect grilling
- Roll top lid
- Made in the United States by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Full Review – Weber Performer Premium Charcoal Grill
There is little more to be said about the Weber Charcoal Grill that hasn't been said in the past 60 years. This is the most recognized, respected, and desired charcoal grill on the market, worldwide. The Weber Performer Premium is the midpoint of the Weber Performer line. This table mounted version is as convenient and easy to use as a charcoal grill can be. It almost has all the bells and whistles, including Weber's Gourmet BBQ System.
This model comes with Weber's Gourmet BBQ System cooking grates. This steel plated, hinged grate has a removable center section that can be replaced with a wide range of accessories to give the grill greater versatility. From the pizza stone to an Ebelskiver pan. Of course all these accessories are sold separately and range in price from $35USD to $55USD.
One of the features of this grill is the digital cooking timer. This is nothing more than an electronic 99-minute egg timer. And, yes, it only goes for 99 minutes, so it is useless for long cook times. It is also something that can be bought at almost any store for a few bucks. This isn't a feature. It is a gimmick.
So, other than the egg timer, this is a great charcoal grill. The question to ask is this version for you. Add an extra $50USD and you can get the Performer Deluxe which includes the gas powered charcoal ignition system which makes lighting charcoal as easy as pushing a button. On the other hand, the standard Performer comes on a much smaller cart, but still has all the grill features this model does and costs $100USD less. For that matter, the Weber Master Touch which comes on three legs and loses the cart and table entirely is $150USD less than this model and will do everything this grill does.