White Clam Pizza
This is a great pizza for clam lovers. If you want to, you can add other seafood such as: chopped cooked oysters or shrimp. This is the perfect summer time cookout item, or pizza party option. Easy, delicious and fun to make.
- 2 cans of clams, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- Place garlic cloves in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, depending on size of cloves. This step will remove the harshness from the garlic, but the flavor will still remain. Remove from microwave oven and allow the garlic to cool for a few minutes before handling. Slice into very thin pieces and set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into rounds on a floured surface, to about 7 1/2 to 9 inches in diameter. Place pizza rounds on hot grill. Allow to slight brown on both sides. Remove from grill. Sprinkle a little olive oil on each pizza round and top with equal parts of clams, garlic, crumbled bacon, and cheese. Return to the grill over a low heat. Close lid and grill until cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked through, transfer pizzas to a large cutting board. Cut each into 4-6 slices, depending on preference. Serve immediately.
Photo by: kengzz/ Pixabay Indoor options: You can always prepare these delicious clam pizzas on an indoor grill or right in your oven. Follow the above directions for your indoor grill, and cook the pizza as you normally would in the oven. You will need to adjust times and aim for a cooking temperature of 350 degrees F.