White Clam Pizza
This is a great pizza for clam lovers. If you want to, you can add other seafood such as, chopped cooked oysters or shrimp. This is a great summer time cookout or pizza party option. Easy, delicious and fun to make.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 cans of clams, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- Place garlic cloves in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, depending on size of cloves. This step will remove the harshness from the garlic, but the flavor will remain. Remove from microwave oven and allow garlic to cool for a few minutes before handling. Slice into very thin pieces and set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into rounds on a floured surface, to about 7 1/2 to 9 inches in diameter. Place pizza rounds on hot grill. Allow to slight brown on both sides. Remove from grill. Sprinkle a little olive oil on each pizza round and top with equal parts of clams, garlic, crumbled bacon, and cheese. Return to the grill over a low heat. Close lid and grill until cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked through, transfer pizzas to a large cutting board. Cut each into 4-6 slices, depending on preference. Serve immediately.
Photo by: kengzz/ Pixabay