- 1 rack of lamb 2 pounds
- 4-5 cloves garlic medium-sized, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine sub with red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sub with your preferred herbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt kosher or sea
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Blend garlic, olive oil, and red wine in a food processor or blender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Using a sharp knife, score the fat cap of the rack of lamb about 1/8" deep.
Slather garlic-herb paste onto the lamb, avoiding the bones. Set the seasoned lamb onto a plate, seasoned side up, and place it into your refrigerator for 1 hour, uncovered.
Preheat your pellet grill for 400 degrees F. Remove the rack of lamb from the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature until your grill is ready.
Cook for 18 to 25 minutes, depending on your desired doneness. For medium-rare, remove the rack of lamb when the internal temperature reads 120 degrees F. For medium, cook to 130 degrees, medium-well, cook to 140 degrees.
Tent the rack of lamb with aluminum foil immediately after removing it from the grill. Let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
Carve into individual chops and serve.
- Pellet suggestions: Apple, cherry or pecan
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 652mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg