- 8 ounces cream cheese full fat
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kansas City Rub or your favorite bottled sweet rub
- 1 disposable aluminum pan 9" x 9"
Prepare your grill or smoker for 200 degrees F. Use your favorite pellet or add wood chips or chunks of choice.
Place unwrapped cream cheese into the pan, and season with BBQ rub.
Place the pan with cream cheese into the smoker, close the lid and let it go for 2 hours. If you'd like it a little smokier, let it go an extra half an hour.
Once the cream cheese has a golden color and has cracked at the top, it is done.
Remove from the grill, let stand for 10 minutes and dig in.
Smoked Cream Cheese the Oven Method:Heat your oven to 210 degrees F.Use a 9" X 9 " pan and a 12" piece of aluminum foil to contain the cream cheese. Score your cream cheese (as shown in our video), then brush with oil and season with your favorite rub or seasonings of choice.Create a boat-like structure around the cream cheese with the foil. Do not cover the cream cheese; you are just trying to contain it.Place it into your oven for 1 hour. After that time, check on your cream cheese. If it is soft and the rub has baked in nicely, your oven-cooked smoked cream cheese is done. If it is still solid, let it cook for another 30 minutes. Remove your cream cheese and let it stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.Yes! You read that right! You can make smoked cream cheese right in the oven.
*See notes section for recipe variations.
- BBQ Style: Top with warmed barbecue sauce, crispy fried onions, and chopped cooked bacon before serving.
- Try it with Everything Bagel Seasoning! It's fantastic
- Tex-Mex: Make your cream cheese pop by adding cooked fajita veggies, beans, pico de gallo, or your favorite salsa after it comes off the smoker.
- Sweet and Spicy: Spoon some warmed pepper jelly onto your cream cheese right before serving. Delicious!
- Buffalo: Season with your favorite BBQ rub and after 75 minutes of cooking, drizzle with your favorite spicy buffalo wing sauce. Return the cream cheese back to the smoker and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 39mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg