- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons truffle salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Combine butter with truffle salt, chopped basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Taste for salt content and add more truffle salt if needed.
Scoop butter onto a large piece of plastic wrap and using the plastic form butter mixture into an evenly shaped log. Twist ends and fold under. Place into refrigerator for 1-2 hours until butter has hardened.Please note: You can also shape this butter into a square block or simply store it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
To use: unwrap plastic and cut off desired amount. Place butter onto cooked steaks, prime ribs chops, chicken and vegetables.
Butter will keep in refrigerator for 10-14 days.
Things to think about with this recipe: Not all of us like the same herbs, so if you are struggling with the thought of adding rosemary or basil to this truffle butter, don't worry we have have solutions!
- Basil: substitute with oregano. Instead of using 2 teaspoons of oregano already called for in the recipe, use 1 tablespoon instead.
- Rosemary: Use fresh thyme instead.
- Oregano: substitute with fresh thyme or basil.
- Vegan option: I recommend using vegan butter instead of dairy butter. You can also use a good quality coconut oil for this recipe. I have not tried coconut oil, but vegan butter will often stand up to recipe conversions. If you try this recipe with coconut oil, please drop us a note and tell us how it worked out.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1mg