- 3/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt, *omit if you've brined the turkey*
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered allspice
Wash and blot dry the herbs with paper towels. Remove leaves from stems and finely chop. Combine herbs and spices with softened butter. Stir together until well incorporated.
Apply butter mixture all over turkey, including under the breast skin. Be gentle during this process as the skin can tear. Cook turkey as directed.
Discard any leftover rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
*If you do not have any fresh herbs on hand, use dried herb instead. Cut measurements down to 1 teaspoon each, instead of 2 teaspoons.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 576IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg