Easy Poultry Basting Sauce
Whether you have a whole chicken or turkey on the grill or rotisserie, they can both benefit from a basting. This will help to keep the bird moist and juicy as it cooks and also provides some additional flavor.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (use unsalted if you've brined the bird)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of rub used on poultry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
Combine melted butter with wine, garlic, rub, Worcestershire sauce, and marjoram. If cooking a large bird, double the recipe.
Start basting bird about halfway through cooking time. Do this every 10-15 minute with chicken and every 30-40 minutes with turkey, until 10-15 minutes before they are fully cooked.
Discard any remaining baste.