Spice n' Smoke Chicken Wing Rub
Planning a huge party and have chicken wings on the menu? Well, this smoky, spicy, chicken wing rub will get things off to a good start. Just apply dry rub this to the wings, then grill, smoke, or fry as directed. This recipe is enough for up to 4 pounds of wings.
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (use more if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Combine rub ingredients in a medium bowl, and scoop contents into a spice shaker. Apply seasonings evenly onto wings, and cook as directed.
Make this rub a head of time and store in an air tight container in a cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation.
Remember to discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.