- 1 pound lump crab meat (white)
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 1 large celery stalk finely chopped (omit if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons creme fraiche (or regular sour cream)
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (Tobasco sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Set aside or in the fridge to add later.
In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add chopped shallots and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium to medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook for another 30 seconds. Add crab, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, hot sauce and stir around until crab becomes good and warm; about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and place mixture into a bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture and stir through. Serve immediately on top of freshly grilled steaks.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days after preparation.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1193mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 304IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg