This is a simple Carolina style rub recipe that can be used on anything from ribs to chops, roasts to whole hog. Remember to increase the recipe if you are planning a large cook. This recipe will cover 3-4 slabs of ribs.
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
Mix together ingredients and use immediately. If making ahead of time, simply store in a closed jar or an air tight container in the cupboard for 3-6 months.
To use: Liberally apply rub onto meat and cook as instructed. Double or triple the recipe ingredients if preparing a large portion of meat or a whole hog.