- 2/3 cup paprika (not smoked)
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons medium ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Make sure to work out any clumps. Store rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months
Apply rub over meaty portion of pork ribs or all over pork roasts and larger cuts of meat. Cook as directed.
Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat. It's best to take out a 1/4 cup at a time, use that first and go from there. This recipe is enough for 4 slabs of ribs and about 2 standard sized pork roasts.
Photos by: Sabrina Baksh PixelsAway/ Depositphotos PantherMediaSeller/Depositphotos
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12242mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 2048IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 6mg