Hot n' Spicy Hog Rub
This is a great rub to use on any cut of pork, from chops and ribs, to pork butts and even a whole hog. Make sure to increase the recipe so you'll have enough rub for large cuts.
- 1/2 cup mild chili powder
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds crushed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Crush fennel seeds using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. It is up to you how fine of a grind you want for this rub. Personally, for larger cuts I prefer a very minimal grind, but for ribs and chops I suggest a fine grind.
Apply rub onto meat, making sure it is well coated. Cook as directed.
Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
If making ahead of time, store in an air tight container in the cupboard for 6 months.