- 1 24 ounce polenta precooked and packaged
- 3 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 3 ounces Brie Cheese Sub with Fontina or Gouda. Slice the Gouda or Brie cheese before using.
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
Preheat grill for 350 degrees F, or medium heat.
Peel garlic, and place it into a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of garlic. Microwave for 45 seconds. This will soften the garlic, and reduce the harsh enzymes. Let the garlic cool for 5 minutes, and mince.Combine olive oil, balsamic, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper flakes, basil and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cut polenta into 12 equal slices. Brush with oil and place on grill rack.
Cook on direct heat until one side is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn slices, place cheese on top and grill polenta for an additional 5-6 minutes. Remove polenta from heat and top with tomato-herb topping. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and some balsamic before serving.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 611IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg