Mustard Beef Kebabs
These grilled kebabs are marinated in a delicious mustard-yogurt sauce. If you want to make this dish spicier, add more horseradish to it. This dish is perfect for any time of the year, but is a convenient go to recipe for cookouts, weeknight meals, or game day events.
- 1 pound lean round steak or roast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 shot orange liqueur (substitute with 1/4 cup orange juice)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Combine yogurt, mustard, liqueur, honey, horseradish, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper in large bowl. Cut beef roast into cubes and add to mixture. Toss well to coat all surfaces of the meat, cover and refrigerate for anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. You can prepare the onions ahead of time, and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the kebabs.
Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread beef onto skewers alternating with onion wedges. About 4-5 pieces of meat per skewer. Place kebabs onto oiled grilled grate and cook kebabs for 11 to 13 minutes, turning 1/4 turn every few minutes, until they are cooked through (150-165 degrees F.). When done, remove from heat and serve with warmed pitas or with your favorite sides.