This is the classic side dish for a prime rib. You will need to capture at least 1/2 cup of the beef drippings, so make sure you have a way to do that regardless of the cooking method. These roll-like delicacies are the perfect gravy cup for your meal.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup oil drippings from roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sift flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Combine with eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pour drippings into 8 cups of a muffin tin. Preheat it in the oven at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully pour about 1/3 cup of batter into each of the pre-greased cups in the muffin tin. Return to the oven.
- Do not open the oven for the first 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes, or until the puddings are golden brown and puffy.
- Remove Pan and set onto a heat resistant surface. Let Yorkshire puddings rest for a few minutes before serving.
Photo by: Image by Shutterbug75 from Pixabay