- Five 22,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 720 square inches of primary grilling space
- 110,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel construction
- Hybrid cooking system can use hardwood or charcoal
- Cast stainless steel cooking grates
- On knob piezoelectric single spark ignition
- Stainless steel barrier
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by the Summerset Professional Grills
Full Review – American Made Grill 36-Inch Gas Grill
- Full Hybrid Grill
- High Quality Stainless Steel Construction
- Tubular Burners in a Hybrid Grill
- A Certain Gimmick to the Design
The American Made Grill is a product that tells you everything the manufacturer wants you to know in its name. It is made in the United States. It is a grill. And it has muscle. Fundamentally, this is a hybrid gas grill. While its main burners can pump out 110,000 BTUs under 720 square inches of cooking space, it is the hybrid fuel system that makes this grill stand out. As a gas grill, it is one of the most powerful on the market. This grill can burn through a full propane tank in a couple of hours. However, it doesn’t need to burn gas. Or at least not a lot.
Lift off the heavy cast stainless steel cooking grates and you find that the diffuser plates are actually trays. You can fill them with charcoal or hardwood. Then use the burners to ignite that fuel and turn off the gas. Now, this is a charcoal or wood grill. It will burn at intense temperatures regardless of the fuel. This grill has muscle. It is built on that idea. The construction is heavy and solid. The power is practically unrivaled in the industry.
The Made Gas Grill
To add to the Muscle aspect of this grill, the front control panel is designed to be reminiscent of a 1969 Shelby GT350 Mustang. The muscle car analogy runs strong through this grill. It is built for brute force and wastes very little time on subtlety. Moreover, it doesn’t seem to even care about that. Of course, at around $14,000USD this isn’t an inexpensive grill. In fact, it is one of the most expensive. Ironically, this grill costs twice as much as the original sale price for the GT350 Mustang.
While the American Made Grill 36-Inch Gas Grill has a wide range of functionality and is one of a handful of true hybrid grills, it is a luxury product. It has power, yes, but there are also a lot of great gas grills out there that can deliver better cooking capabilities with a lot less fuel. If you do want this grill, I do suggest that you get it in a natural gas version. Filling propane tanks could get very time-consuming.