- Three 15,000 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners
- 450 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 691 square inches
- 45,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Piezoelectric single-spark ignition
- Two interior-mounted halogen lights
- LED-lit control panel
- Rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner and side burner available
- Made in the United States by Fire Magic
Full Review – American Outdoor Grill
- Good Heat Output
- Solid Construction
- Excellent Support
- Variety of Addable Features
- A Little Low on Heat
R.H. Peterson, makers of Fire Magic gas grills, wanted to introduce a line of “affordable” stainless steel gas grills and came up with the American Outdoor Grill (frequently called AOG). The American Outdoor Grill Gas Grill is the grill you get when the maker of one of the most expensive grills on the market, strips down the gas grill. Cut to the most basic design, but still loaded with complete 304 stainless steel construction.
At the heart of this grill is a triple “U” shaped burner system that gives you an even heat because the flame is spread out evenly inside the firebox. The 45,000 BTU maximum output seems a little light for the 540 square inches of primary grilling space, but the efficient design makes up for underpowered output. You will get plenty of heat out of this grill and certainly be able to get a good sear on meats. The firebox is welded and sealed so you won’t get grease running down the back or pooling in corners as you do on many grills. This reduces flare-ups and helps keep the grill clean.
What you are really buying here is a durable stainless steel gas grill for around $2,900. This might seem like a lot in comparison to many mass-market grills, but it stands head and shoulders above those lesser stainless steel units. A 13,000 BTU side burner under a flush-mounted cover and a 10,000 BTU rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner are available.