- Three 20,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 603 square inches of primary grilling space
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,000 BTU rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit
- Stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electric continuous-spark ignition
- Infrared main burners are available
- Sold as propane or natural gas
- Made in the United States by Alfresco Open Air Culinary Systems
Best Gas Grills between $2000 and $4000
See the complete list of Freestanding Gas Grill Reviews
Full Review – Artisan Professional 36-Inch Gas Grill
- High Heat Output
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Full Rotisserie System
- Limited Features
Let’s be honest. The highest-end gas grills are expensive. Arguably too expensive for all but the richest homeowners. Alfresco grills, or more accurately, Alfresco Open Air Culinary make some of the best and most expensive gas grills on the market. Most of them end up in custom outdoor kitchens. The Artisan Professional line, is, well, more affordable. And by affordable, we are talking $3,400USD for this 36-Inch gas grill.
This price is, however, a bargain. Yes, there are cheaper all stainless steel gas grills out there. Many of those, however, are cheap imports made under contract with factories that build for many different brands. Alfresco makes the Artisan grills right next to their substantially more expensive luxury brands. How? To be honest, with thinner metals and lighter-weight parts.
And yet, the Artisan Professional still has interior lights, a full rotisserie system, and heavy stainless steel cooking grates. It is a high-quality grill. Think about it this way. Mercedes makes cars that cost a quarter of a million dollars. They also make $40,000 in cars. Do they have the same quality? No. Are they both good cars? Probably. I’m not a car expert. I’m a grill expert.
For those looking for an all-stainless steel gas grill at a more manageable price, the Artisan Professional is a great choice. Not the best choice, but a very good one. Before buying this grill, I would recommend looking at my list of the Best Gas Grills between $2,000 and $4,000. There are many grills to choose from in this price range, and for the investment, you should get exactly what you want.