- Six 10,000 BTU stainless steel dual tube burners
- 750 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 1000 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU rear-mounted standard rotisserie burner
- One 10,000 BTU standard side burner
- Stainless steel, cast aluminum, and powder-coated steel construction
- Cast stainless steel cooking grates
- Electric continuous-spark ignition
- Two internal halogen grilling lights
- Pull out drawers
- Sold as propane or natural gas
- Made in Canada by Onward Manufacturing Company
Full Review – Broil King Regal S 690
- Packed with Extras
- Very Versatile
- Good Rotisserie System
- Good Burner Design
- Weak Side Burner
This very large gas grill gives you two independent cooking chambers, one with 4 burners and one with 2 burners.
You also get a full rotisserie system with rear mounted burner (not infrared) and a side burner (that is a little weak but still good). What this gives you is one of the most versatile gas grills on the market. You can operate the rotisserie while grilling steaks in the other chamber. You can grill hot and fast on one side and low and indirect on the other. If these advantages sound good to you, then this is an excellent grill for you to consider. If the two lids and divided cooking space don’t appeal you might want to try the Broil King Regal S590.
Mechanically the two features that stand out on this grill are the dual tube stainless steel burners and the linear flow control valves. The dual tube burners equalize the gas pressure inside the burner so that the heat is even from front to back. Standard tubular burners tend to have higher pressure in the front of the burner and can give you uneven heating. The Broil King burners correct this problem.
The control valves on this grill have an even, highly precise flow that gives you a very high level of heat control. Add in the four-burner design and this grill will let you pick an exact temperature from very high to very low.
This grill has great construction and should last for many years. Broil King is known for making superior grills.