- Two 25,000 BTU cast ceramic burners
- One 23,000 BTU internal ceramic infrared burner
- 855 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 1200 square inches
- 73,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 16,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit
- Complete seamless welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Hot surface continuous ignition
- High temperature ceramic briquette barrier
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by the Middleby Corporation
Full Review - Lynx Professional 42-Inch Gas Grill
Lynx has been at the forefront of innovation in the gas grill industry for years. Recently they have developed an all-ceramic main burner that they now feature on all their high-end grills. Similar in shape and size to cast metal burners, these ceramic units are large and since they have no metal. These burners are impervious to corrosion. Only time will tell what their long term durability looks like. Given the high level of quality that Lynx insists on, I believe that we could be looking at something truly game-changing with these burners.
Aside from the burner innovation, the Lynx Professional 42-Inch gas grill is what we would expect from a $5,000USD gas grill. It comes with a full rotisserie system including a rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner. While some manufacturers put the motor inside the grill, Lynx is still dedicated to a removable, external motor. This is not very innovative, but it works very well.
This grill produces a maximum of 75,000 BTUs under 855 square inches of heavy stainless steel rod cooking grates. This isn’t an impressive amount of heat, but the heavy cooking grates and ceramic barrier help to compensate for the comparatively low heat output. Of course, any or all of the main burners on this grill can be traded out for Lynx’s trident infrared burners which consume the same amount of gas but produce considerably more heat.
Aside from the technical details, Lynx is an excellent grill. It is well-engineered and solidly constructed. While it might not be as attractive as some of the competition, it is certainly a gas grill worth considering.