- One dual control stainless steel H-type burner
- 433 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 574 square inches
- 40,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Either stainless steel rod or anodized aluminum cooking grates
- Ceramic briquette barrier
- Cast aluminum body
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Convertible between propane and natural gas
- Made in the USA by Modern Home Products
Full Review - MHP WNK4 Gas Grill
If the MHP WNK4 gas grill was pictured on a patio in the 1960s it would fit in perfectly. This isn’t a criticism of the grills performance. Once upon a time, gas grills were provided by gas companies as a way to get customers to use more of their product (aka Natural Gas). MHP or Modern Home Products was making grills for this purpose. The secret to these ‘free’ gas grills was that they had to be virtually indestructible. This grill is that.
The MHP WNK4 is a simple grill. It has a single, dual zone H-type burner that delivers 40,000 BTUs under 433 square inches of stainless steel rod cooking grates. The body is heavy cast aluminum that holds in heat, never rusts, and can withstand huge punishment. There is a ceramic briquette barrier between the burners and the cooking grates. Aside from a couple of side tables and various mounting options, that is about it.
This grill is customizable. You can get a side burner if you want it. One extra I strongly recommend is the anodized aluminum cooking grates. MHP calls these the SearMagic grates, but regardless of the name, they dramatically improve the grilling performance of the grill. These grates transfer heat better than any other cooking surface and are certainly worth the upgrade.
If you are looking for a gas grill with a modern design, look somewhere else. If you want a grill that will last a generation, buy this one. It is one of the best of the best in gas grills and tragically underappreciated.