Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
This is a quick and easy way to prepare a nice, fruit-based barbecue sauce with a little heat. This raspberry-chipotle sauce works really well on pork, chicken, beef chuck roast, venison, and duck breast.
- 11/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo (minced)
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and cook for 20-30 seconds, or until it becomes fragrant. Add ketchup, raspberry preserves, and vinegar. Simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan, reduce heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once sauce has cooked, remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes before using. If using as a table sauce, let sauce cool for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Store unused sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week after preparation. Warm before using.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!