Specifications -Alfresco ALXE 36-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
- Three 27,500 BTU cast stainless steel burners
- 660 square inches of primary grilling space
- 82,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,500 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Full rotissiere system with internal chain driven motor included
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electronic continuous spark ignition
- Two interior mounted halogen lights
- Ceramic barrier
- Sold as propane or natural gas – convertible
- Made in the United States by Alfresco Open Air Culinary Systems
Full Review – Alfresco ALXE 36-Inch Built-in
In 1999 Dale Sieden left Lynx Grills (the company he started 5 years earlier) to start up Alfresco Grills. The goal was to create a product line that would include everything imaginable for the outdoor kitchen. Alfresco seeks to become the most recognized brand name for outdoor kitchen equipment.
One tall order.
This 36 inch gas grill is actually the midsized unit of the Alfresco line and is part of a complete line of outdoor kitchen products. The attention to detail is extraordinary in this unit. Take, for instance, the rotisserie system. This grill has an 18,500 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner, flush mounted so that it doesn’t interfere with the grilling space. The rotisserie motor is mounted below the grill and the rod is turned by an internal chain. The rod fits entirely inside the grill so there are no rotisserie gaps in the double wall hood. This means that while the grill has a full function rotisserie system without interfering with the function of the grill.
As with most grills of this quality the price can get pretty steep but this kind of grill doesn’t come cheap. Starting at around $5,000 for the basic built-in model, it can go up quickly in price with the addition of extra features.