- Single 40,000 BTU stainless steel bow-tie burners (20,000 BTUs on each side)
- 442 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 695 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Cast aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction
- Three position stainless steel cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Stainless steel shutter system for smoking and baking
- Natural gas conversion kit included
- Several mounting options are available
- Propane tank, cover, and optional side burner are sold separately
- Made in the USA by Empire Comfort Systems
Full Review – Broilmaster P3-XF
- Seriously solid construction
- Three-position cooking grates
- Shutters switch between direct and indirect cooking
- Excellent warranty
- Limited features
- Not great looking
Broilmaster is another of the old-school gas grill makers. They build their grills to cook and the power and durability come before gimmicks and flashy appearances. Because of this dedication, Broilmaster offers one of the best warranties in the industry. But just because the P3-XF is built like a tank and has a rather primitive design doesn’t mean that this grill isn’t innovative.
The P3 gas grills use a single-piece, bowtie burner that is made of heavy stainless steel. This burner is dual control, providing 20,000 BTUs per side. Yes, it is basically a two-burner grill, and that can be a little limiting when compared with larger, multi-burner grills. However, this is where it gets interesting. Overtop the burners is a sheet of ceramic tiles, basically turning this grill into an infrared unit. This helps account for the extreme temperatures generated by this grill.
Above the ceramic tiles is a set of stainless steel shutters. Open, this is just like any other grill. Closed, the grill becomes an indirect roasting oven that can cook practically anything. When Broilmaster demonstrates this grill, they bake cookies, just to show that it can do this style of cooking. Add wood chips and now it is a smoking oven and while it might not smoke a brisket to perfection, it will impart good smoke flavor to foods.
The heavy stainless steel rod cooking grates can be turned over or around to provide three levels of cooking, basically allowing you to move foods closer or farther from the fire. This is perfect for getting close to sear a steak, or pulling away to grill more delicate items like fish or vegetables.
When all is said and done, this is one of the best grills on the market. It is powerful, innovative, and very versatile. It also has a great warranty and excellent customer support.