- Three 20,000 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners
- 625 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 835 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Two-position rotisserie mounting and stainless steel rotisserie motor
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electronic (9-volt battery) ignition
- Two interior-mounted halogen lights
- Made in the United States by Twin Eagles
Full Review – Delta Heat 38-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
- Excellent rotisserie system
- High-quality stainless steel construction
- Elegant design
- Superior temperature control
- Ignition should be more robust
- Rotisserie kit sold separately
Like most of the highest-end grill manufacturers, Twin Eagles has a line of products under a different brand name, Delta Heat. Designed and engineered by grill legend Dante Cantal, this group of outdoor kitchen products is among the best of this new range of ‘affordable’ gas grills. Certainly, there are less expensive models out there, but none of them can stack up to this grill.
Initially, Twin Eagles sent production of this line to China. That was a mistake. Due to quality control issues, the product suffered. You will still find reviews for these grills and as you will quickly realize, the experience for these early purchasers wasn’t good. In 2013, production was brought back to the United States and all Delta Heat products are now made right next to Twin Eagles. Quality has improved dramatically and Delta Heat is not only of the best ‘affordable’ gas grills, but it is also one of the best regardless of price. This grill fits right into the middle of the $2000 to $4000 Built-In Gas Grill Price Range.
The Delta Heat 38-inch built-in gas grill has three U-type heavy stainless steel burners that produce 60,000 BTUs under 625 square inches of heavy stainless steel rod cooking grates. Sheets of ceramic briquettes even out the heat and channel grease away to reduce flare-ups. The double-layer hood holds in heat and the full rotisserie system adds versatility (though the rod and motor are sold separately). There is an infrared sear burner option for this grill as well. I would like to see a more robust ignition system on this grill, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem for most users. Largely, this is just my own observation and I have not been able to detect a real problem with lighting the grill.
Delta Heat is a complete line of outdoor kitchen appliances and this grill is an excellent choice either as a standalone grill or part of a much bigger installation.