Evo Professional Classic Flattop Grill$4000
- Maximum 40,000 BTU output from the two main burners
- Ring burner design creates two cooking areas with outer and inner zones
- 30-Inch/650 square inch cooking surface
- 3/16-inch cold rolled steel cooking surface (pre-oiled)
- 225° to 750° cooking temperature range
- Battery operated spark ignition
- Removable stainless steel drip pan
- Stainless steel construction
- Cooking tool kit included
- Available in natural gas version
- Also available as a drop-in unit for custom outdoor kitchens
- Made in the United States by Evo America
Full Review - Evo Professional Classic Flattop Grill
Long before flat top grilling became so popular there was Evo. This large, round gas-powered griddle is simply put the best flat top grill on the market. Whether you call this a teppanyaki grill or a flattop, the Evo Professional Classic Flattop Grill is the unit to aspire to. The design of this unit is so beautiful and functional that when Cuisinart decided to introduce their first flat-top grill, they copied it in almost every detail except quality.
What you get with the Evo Flattop is a 30-inch, 650 square inch steel cooking surface. Underneath are two burners capable of producing more than 40,000 BTUs. You can use either or both burners. One heats the outer edge of the cooking surface and the other, the center. You can actually do indirect cooking on this grill with the stainless steel lid that comes with it. Surrounding the cooking surface is a trough that collects dripping and channels them to a dishwasher-safe collection cup. Clean up on a flat top grill is never very easy, but Evo does everything possible to make cleaning easier.
Of course, you are going to pay around $4000USD for this griddle. It isn't cheap, nor is it built cheaply. You can get this model in propane or natural gas, and it also comes as a drop-in unit for any custom enclosure. There are a wide number of accessories and this griddle does come with all the tools you need to do basic flat top cooking. There is even a nice recipe book included.
You buy this unit because you can. Evo has been making this model for more than a decade without any real changes. They got it right the first time. While it is true that this is a simple piece of cooking equipment, there is so much you can do with it. With a maximum cooking temperature of 700°, this is truly a professional piece of cooking equipment. It stands up to those used in the nicest teppanyaki restaurants in every way.