Infused with a kiss of smoke flavor, this smoked chocolate sauce will up your dessert game. Drizzle over ice cream, grilled fruits, or even chocolate cake. Don’t worry, the smoke flavor isn’t overpowering, but the smoke will add depth to the chocolate. Personally, I love this sauce on cakes and brownies too.
Smoked Chocolate Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Dash of cinnamon optional
- Medium cast iron skillet
- Wood chips cherry or apply recommended
- Prepare a smoker or charcoal grill for a 20-minute smoke.
- Add wood chips right before you smoke the chocolate sauce
- Pour cream and chocolate chips into a skillet, stir, place into smoker or grill. Close lid and smoke for 15-20 minutes, depending on the depth of smoke you desire. Check after 8-10 minutes to make sure than sauce isn’t burning. Stir and continue smoking.
- Remove pan from the smoker (or grill) and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before using.
- Keep in mind that most of the smoke will be absorbed within the first 15 minutes of cook time.
- Use as desired. Store unused sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.