Built like a tank, the Yoder YS1500s Pellet Grill looks like a classic offset smoker with the convenience of a computer-controlled (wi-fi enabled) pellet system. This units offers a whopping 1000 square inches of cooking space.
derrickriches.com is supported by you, our readers (the smartest, best readers in the world). We may earn an affiliate commission if you buy through a link on this page. This comes at no cost to you. Learn more.
Yoder YS1500s Pellet Grill
Yoder takes pride in quality workmanship and performance of their smokers and pellet grills, and many have been used in barbecue competitions. The YS1500s is designed for large events and features a spacious primary cooking area of 1000 square inches, with an additional 500 square inches available on an upper rack. The grill is mounted on a sturdy competition cart that weighs approximately 700 pounds and is equipped with four tires for mobility.
While this monster pellet cooker for backyard cooks, the real use of this model is for serious barbecue. The smokestack is adjustable and used for regulating heat and holding in smoke. Additionally, there is an internal baffle that alters the smoke flow, and the large cooking chamber is far better at slow-smoking briskets than it is at grilling burgers. At around $5,000 (depending on optional upgrades), this is an expensive unit, but it is one of the largest pellet grills on the market.
The combination of pellet cooker reliability and temperature control with traditional barbecue cooking has been a winner for many years. Several competitors on the barbecue competition circuit have done very well with this pellet smoker. There is a wide range of accessories and upgrades available for this model, and Yoder is proactive about improving the programming on the computer control unit with occasional firmware upgrades. Support for Yoder products has been very good, though some of that depends on the dealer who sells you the grill.
- 1008 square inches of primary cooking area with 1,500 square inches combined
- 150 to 600 degrees F/65 to 315 degrees C temperature range
- 20-pound capacity side-mounted pellet hopper
- Chrome-plated steel rod cooking grates
- Precision, 5-degree increment control panel
- Powder-coated steel construction
- Single layer, locking lid with counterbalance
- Internal baffle for adjusting airflow and heat
- Smokestack vent to regular smoke retention
- Weight: 667 lbs.
- Made in the United States by Yoder Smokers, Inc.
- Proof of purchase required.
- The main cooking chamber: 10 years from purchase date.
- The electronic control system: 3 years from purchase date or manufactured date.
- The ceramic igniter: 3 years from the purchase date or manufactured date.
- Other parts, covered up to 6 months from the purchase date or manufactured date.
- Components replaced under warranty will be covered for up to 1 year from the date of shipment.
The YS1500s Pellet Grill is a high-performance smoker and grill widely used in competition barbecuing. Specifically designed for large events, it offers a primary cooking space of 1000 square inches and an additional 500 inches on the upper rack.
- Heavy-duty cart: Makes this unit stable and easy to move around.
- Adjustable smokestack: The smokestack adjusts to regulate heat and hold in the smoke.
- Internal baffle: An internal baffle helps alter smoke flow, ensuring that the food cooks evenly.
- Large cooking chamber: The YS1500 Pellet Grill has a large cooking chamber ideal for slow-smoking several briskets, making it perfect for serious barbecue enthusiasts.
- Accessories and upgrades: There is a wide range of accessories and upgrades available for this model.
Yoder YS1500s Pellet Grill
I have been writing about Barbecue and grilling for 25 years. I have cooked on almost every grill or smoker ever built. In those years, I have always endeavored to match people with the grill or smoker that is right for them. I believe that the right product is the one that you find easy to use, capable of doing everything you want and lasting for years. If you have a good first experience, you will be back for more. In this way, we grow barbecue for the next generation. I want you to make the memories that your children will cherish.
This article and the website it appears on use sales affiliates to cover the cost of operation. If you choose to purchase a product through the links I have provided, a portion of that sale will go to me. It helps me create content so I can help you and others have the best barbecue experience. I am grateful to all my readers over the years who have been so kind as to assist me in my exploration of outdoor cooking. Thank you.