Specifications – Alfresco ALXE 56-Inch Built-in
- Four 27,500 BTU stainless steel/titanium blend tubular burners
- 998 square inches of primary grilling space
- 100,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Two 15,000 BTU rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burners with full kit and hidden chain drive
- 5,000 BTU dedicated smoker burner with wood chip drawer
- Complete seamless welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electric continuous spark ignition
- Two built-in halogen grill lights
- High-temperature ceramic briquette barrier
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by Alfresco Open Air Culinary Systems
Full Review – Alfresco ALXE 56-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
- Huge Capacity
- Dual Rotisserie Burners
- Dedicated Smoker Burner
- Internal Rotisserie Motor
- Doesn’t Hold Low Temperatures Well
- Comparatively Expensive
The Alfresco ALXE 56-Inch is one of the largest gas grill inserts you can buy. However, it isn’t the size that makes this drop-in grill so impressive. Just to give you an example, let’s look at the rotisserie system. There are two, independently controls rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burners. The motor is integrated into the grill, so invisible. And the spit can hold and turn 120-pounds of food. Basically, this grill has a two-zone rotisserie system that can handle almost anything you put on it.
Alfresco is one of the highest-end grill manufacturers. They offer a full outdoor kitchen line of products and produce some of the best gas grills on the market. One of the biggest differences with Alfresco is that they use tubular burners whereas most of the competitors use cast burners. To their credit, the Alfresco’s main burners are a titanium stainless steel alloy for added strength and durability. These burners are very durable and by using a tubular overcast burner, the weight of the grill is greatly reduced, not that the means much to you.
The Alfresco ALXE 56-Inch Built-in Gas Grill has many of the features you would expect in this price range. The cooking grates are heavy stainless steel rod. There are a pair of internal halogen lights, and the control panel is LED lit. This unit comes with a standard ceramic-type infrared searing burner built-in. You also get a built-in smoker box with a dedicated smoker burner (5,000 BTUs). Construction is entirely stainless steel with welded and polished seams. Alfresco really shines in its attention to detail and construction quality.
The Bottom Line
The Alfresco ALXE is one of the best gas grills on the market. This model is also available in a freestanding version. If you are building an outdoor kitchen, this grill comes with all the available extras including a number of side burner configurations as well as all the cabinetry you might want. I strongly encourage you to consider this gas grill. Considering the size, features, and construction quality, it is actually a reasonably priced grill.
If this model is too big you might want to consider the Alfresco ALXE 36-Inch Built-in.