- Three 23,000 BTU E-type tubular burners
- 647 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 830 square inches
- 69,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Ceramic/stainless steel barrier
- Electronic continuous spark ignition
- Two interior mounted halogen lights
- Full rotisserie system with infrared rotisserie burner optional
- Sold as propane or natural gas – convertible
- Made in the United States by Hestan Home LLC
Full Review – Aspire by Hestan 36-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
- High Heat Output
- Attractive Design
- Heavy Construction
- Good Burners
- Comparatively Basic Construction
- Extras are Expensive
- Lighter Weight Cooking Grates
Hestan burst on the outdoor kitchen scene a few years ago with some of the most innovative grills in years. They put aside many established traditions and started from scratch, making some truly remarkable gas grills. Unfortunately, they were also making some of the most expensive. Their main line of grills can easily exceed six thousand dollars. To expand its sales potential, Hestan has introduced a more moderately priced line.
Cleverly picking the name, Aspire, Hestan’s ‘discount’ brand is still something to aspire to. The Aspire by Hestan 36-Inch Built-in Gas Grill runs around $3,500USD without much in the way of extras. This three-burner grill is just that. You do get some internal lights and excellent engineering. If you want the rotisserie burner, it is going to cost you.
Hestan has a distinct design. Their grills, including this one, don’t look like anything else on the market. One of the standout features is that this grill can come in a variety of colors. You do pay more for those colors and they only change to the front panel and hood color, but it does give you a lot of variation in appearance.
On the inside, this grill does fall down a bit. The burners are standard stainless steel tubular units. You can get cast stainless in this price range, but the burners on the Aspire are still excellent and should last for a decade or more. The cooking grates, similarly, are a little light, but this is a very powerful grill. It gets very hot and will do all the high-temperature grilling you would expect.
All in all, this is a great grill and one worth looking at. I do recommend considering this model before you make a purchasing decision.