DCS Series 9 Evolution 48-Inch Gas Grill$9000
- Four 25,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 855 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 1182 square inches
- 100,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Full rotissiere system included
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Cast Stainless steel cooking grates
- Electronic continuous spark ignition
- Two interior mounted halogen lights
- Ceramic/cast stainless barrier
- Sold as propane or natural gas - convertible
- Total weight 592 pounds
- Made in the United States by Fisher & Paykel Appliances Limited
Full Review - DCS Series 9 Evolution 48-Inch Gas Grill
DCS, or Dynamic Cooking Systems, invented the modern high-end gas grill as we know it today. The attention to detail and the nearly endless versatility are what make this one of the best gas grills you can buy. It is also pretty to look at. DCS is one of the biggest companies in the industry and they are not going anywhere. You can buy the DCS Series 9 Evolution 48-inch Gas Grill with confidence.
This model comes with four 25,000 maximum BTU burners under 855 square inches of cooking space. Between the burners and the cooking grates is a layer of ceramic briquettes that channel drippings away and burn off what remains. The cooking grates on this grill are heavy cast stainless steel. They are also reversible. DCS is known for these cooking grates. In their normal position, they channel grease away from the cooking chamber because they are mounted at a slight angle. This does mean that a hot dog will roll off the grill if you are not careful, but you also don't get as many flare-ups. That is impressive considering the amount of heat that this gas grill can throw out.
Add in a full rotisserie system, including an 18,000 BTU rear-mounted rotisserie burner. The rotisserie rod and motor can hold and spin up to 50 pounds. That's the equivalent of two very large turkeys. It also comes with a cast iron charcoal basket so you can smoke or charcoal grill in this unit as well. For a gas grill, there really isn't much this unit won't do.
This is an expensive gas grill, but it has superior engineering and craftsmanship. While there is a lot of competition, you really can't go wrong with a DCS. DCS does build a more affordable line of grills. For these, see my Review of the DCS Series 7 Traditional Gas Grills.