- Three 20,000 BTU cast stainless steel burners
- 540 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 780 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electronic (12-volt battery) hot surface ignition
- Two interior mounted halogen lights
- LED lit control panel
- Optional full rotisserie system
- Sold as propane or natural gas – convertible
- Made in the United States by R.H. Peterson Company
Full Review – Fire Magic Aurora 540 Built-in Gas Grill
- Excellent Construction
- High Heat Output
- Heavy Stainless Steel Cooking Grates
- Cast Stainless Burners
- Extras are Expensive
If you are serious about outdoor cooking and want the best money can buy, you should look at Fire Magic. This company leads the industry. The Fire Magic Aurora boasts a $3,800USD price tag and that is without any extras. You can add in a full rotisserie system and there are versions with electronic temperature monitoring systems built in. The options are nearly limitless.
With this model, you get three burners that each pump out as much as 20,000 BTUs under a primary cooking area of 540 square inches. The burners in this grill are fantastic. Heavy, cast stainless. These burners will last a couple of lifetimes. The cooking grates are stainless steel rod. However, they are not round, like most gas grills. They are square. This gives the cooking surface better contact with the food for improved searing.
The real secret of the quality of this grill is in the firebox design and the serious weight of the components. The heavy burners sit under thick stainless steel flame-tamers which channel away grease and diffuse the heat for an even grilling surface. The stainless steel rod cooking grates are among the heaviest of this type on the market.
If you are thinking about buying this grill, look into what modifications you can make. There are so many options available that you should consider them all before you make a purchase. Yes. These bring up the price, but if you are looking at this grill, and in this price range, you are making an investment. Make the most of that investment.