Grilled Polenta Bruschetta
Topped with your choice of Fontina, Gouda, or Brie cheese and a tomato-basil garnish, these versatile polenta cakes can be served as an appetizer or side dish. Add your favorite herbs or cheeses to make this dish uniquely your own.Print Pin
Servings: 4 People
- 1 24 ounce package precooked polenta about
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 ounces Fontina, Gouda, or Brie cheese, sliced Gouda, or Brie cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1-2 cloves roasted garlic, minced (optional)
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper flakes, basil and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut polenta into 12 equal slices. Brush with oil and place on grill rack.
- Cook on direct heat until one side is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn slices, place cheese on top and grill polenta for an additional 5-6 minutes. Remove polenta from heat and top with tomato-herb topping. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and some balsamic before serving.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh/Regarding BBQ, Inc.