The Ultimate Smoked Chicken Rub
There's nothing quite like a well made, smoked chicken. While it might take a little time and technique, the seasoning usually makes or breaks a smoked bird. This rub has the perfect blend of flavors for a delicious low and slow cooked chicken. This is enough rub for two large birds, so increase the recipe if planning to smoke a larger batch.Print Pin
Servings: 3 Cup
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt (omit if wet brining)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine rub ingredients in a bowl and apply evenly all over chicken, including under the breast skin and cavity. Cook as directed.
- Omit salt if you have wet brined the birds.
- Make ahead of time and store in a sealed container in the cupboard for up to one year after preparation. Remember to discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
IMAGE BY: Sabrina Baksh