The Ultimate Smoked Chicken Rub
Who doesn't love a good smoked chicken? This rub has the perfect blend of flavors for a delicious low and slow cooked bird. This is enough rub for two chickens, so increase the recipe if planning to smoke a larger batch.
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine rub ingredients in a bowl and apply evenly all over chicken. Cook as directed.
- Omit salt if you have brined the birds.
- Make ahead of time and store in a seal container in the cupboard for up to one year after preparation. Remember to discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.