- Three 10,000 BTU dual-tube stainless steel burners
- 330 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 635 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Heavy cast iron cooking grates
- Fold down side tables
- Electronic Ignition (one AA battery)
- Cast aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Not convertible between LP and NG
- Made in Canada by Onward Manufacturing Company
Broil King Monarch 320
- High Heat Output
- Heavy Cooking Grates
- Solid Construction
- Even Heating
- Limited Features
- Comparatively Lightweight
- Limited Features
When it comes to an inexpensive gas grill, look for simple, small, and black. The Broil King Monarch 320 has all this and a powerful set of three burners that deliver the heat and do it evenly, something you don’t always find in this price range. The secret is the dual-tube stainless steel burners. Rated at up to 10,000 BTUs, each burner evens the gas pressure front to back so that the flame is evenly distributed. Broil-King is the only company that uses this kind of burner and the reason is that they can beat the competition in this price range (Gas Grills between $250 and $500).
In addition, the side tables on this grill fold down so that it doesn’t take up precious patio space. While there aren’t a lot of extras on this grill, it outweighs and outperforms most of the competition. The distribution of this model can be a little limited in some areas, but it can be bought online and shipped directly to your house. Hopefully, more stores will be granted access to this grill in the near future.
The firebox of the Broil King Monarch is cast aluminum which should last for a very long time. The cooking grates are relatively heavy porcelain-coated cast iron and have excellent heat transfer. The flame tamers are thinner stainless steel, but they should hold up for several years.