- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 425 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 535 square inches
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 9,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel, cast aluminum, and porcelain-enameled steel construction
- Available in stainless steel and black enamel models
- Compatible with Napoleon's cast iron charcoal trays
- Sold as propane or natural gas - Not convertible
- Infrared side burner available
- Cover, propane tank, and rotisserie sold separately
- Made in China by Napoleon Grills
Full Review - Napoleon Rogue 425
The Rogue line of gas grills from Napoleon is their lower priced, Chinese made series of products. It is designed to be much more affordable than their main Prestige line while offering much of the same features. The lower price is obtained by overseas manufacturing and a reduction in the size of the grill.
This gas grill is smaller than its Prestige counterpart by 75 square inches, though at 475 square inches it is still a good sized grill. The three burners produce a maximum output of 36,000 BTUs, which is a little low for the size and considerably lower than the Prestige line. Part of this reduction in heat output is made up for with the heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates which come in Napoleon’s wave pattern that increases the amount of metal that food comes in contact with.
While not available on all models, the 9,000 BTU infrared side burner produces a lot of heat with low fuel consumption. This is a unique feature to Napoleon and can be used as a searing burner or traditional side burner, though with small pans, it isn’t as efficient as traditional side burners. This can be added or removed when ordering or purchasing the grill.
The cooking system of this gas grill uses good quality stainless steel burners that produce even heat. The real standout feature however is the cooking grates. They really are a good weight and reversible so they offer either a limited contact or wide contact for foods. Personally I use the wide surface for better searing and heat conduction.
Napoleon also offers a wide range of accessories for this grill from a full rotisserie system to a unique cast iron charcoal basket that allows this gas grill to be converted to a direct heat charcoal grill. This is an excellent way to add the authentic smoke flavor that gas grills lack.
In this price range, I do recommend considering this grill. It is well made, well supported, and a good grill for most people’s needs.