The PGS Legacy Gas Grill is the highest caliber of grills from AEI Corporation, an Irving California company that has made gas grills nearly as long as they have existed. The Legacy in the name is a reference to how long PGS (Pacific Gas Company) has been making gas grills.
derrickriches.com is supported by you, our readers (the smartest, best readers in the world). We may earn an affiliate commission if you buy through a link on this page. This comes at no cost to you. Learn more.
- Three 25,000 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners
- 720 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 980 square inches
- 75,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Ceramic briquette barrier
- Electronic continuous spark ignition
- Sold as propane or natural gas – convertible
- Rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner available
- Made in the United States by AEI Corporation
Full Review – PGS Legacy Gas Grill
- High Heat Output
- Solid Construction
- Wide Temperature Range
- Higher Flare-Up Potential
- Uneven Heating
Another of the companies that date back to the earliest days of the backyard gas grill, PGS has several lines of gas grills. The Pacifica is their higher, mid-range built-in gas grill and comes in at around $3,500USD. While not the most modern-looking gas grill, this unit is built to last. Between the solid stainless steel construction and well-engineered cooking system, this is a grill worth considering for your custom outdoor kitchen project.
This model is simple. It has three 25,000 BTU main burners and little more. A full rotisserie system with rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner is available at an additional cost (around $550USD more). The burners are U-shaped and are not spectacular but put out a lot of heat and are well protected under a series of ceramic briquettes held in heavy stainless steel trays. The cooking grates are heavy and well able to transfer heat.
There isn’t much more to say about this gas grill insert. It isn’t a mistake to buy it, but there are a lot of grills in this price range and most of them offer both a more modern appearance and more standard features.
This grill is also sold as part of the PGS Modano BBQ Island.