This Texas potato salad contains the delicious combination of mayonnaise and mustard but also includes pickled jalapenos. A mildly spicy, creamy Texas-style side dish for any cookout.
Texas Potato Salad
This Texas Style Potato Salad is the perfect barbecue side dish. It's cool and refreshing with a hint of heat to make it interesting. For your next Texas cookout, make our best Texas potato salad.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 servings
- 8-10 medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, cut into ¾ “ pieces
- 2 medium stalks celery washed and diced
- 2 green onions minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Salt for boiling the potatoes
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapenos, plus 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice (use more for a spicier potato salad)
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (use more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil in a large pot. When water begins to boil, add 2 teaspoons of salt and stir through to dissolve.
- Add peeled and cut potatoes to the pot. Boil over medium heat for 15-18 minutes. Potatoes are considered done when easily pierced by a sharp knife. They should be tender and firm, but not mushy. Drain potatoes, and set aside.
For the dressing:
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, white sugar, black pepper, cayenne pepper (optional), diced jalapenos plus pickling juice, vinegar, and garlic powder to bowl.
- Mix together well and taste. Adjust to your liking.
- Add drained potatoes to the salad dressing, along with chopped green onion, celery and chopped eggs. Gently fold to combine.Scoop into a serving dish and top with chopped cilantro. Cover with plastic wrap and place potato salad into the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.Store leftover potato salad in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 722mg | Potassium: 785mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg